Museum News

Filter By: Author:      Genre:      Show:     

Kings Park museum maven an avid collector
Author: -
June 3, 2017
Leo Ostebo founded the King's Park Heritage Museum a quarter-centruy ago. The museum is located in the Ralph J. Osgood Intermediate School, and began as a display that now fills 11 former classrooms with more than 4,000 artifacts
A Visit To The Kings Park Heritage Museum
Author: -
May 2, 2017
A personal account of a tour of the Kings Park Heritage Museum.
A Description of the Society of St. Johnland in Kings Park
Author: -
March 28, 2017
An Historic First-Hand Account by Harperís New Monthly magazine
Superintendentís Highlight of the Week
Author: -
February 3, 2017
This week I am highlighting Sam Schultz, KPHS Girls Basketball player, on scoring her 1,000 point and our newly updated and redesigned Kings Park Heritage Museum website!
Kings Park Productions
Author: -
January 21, 2016
A group of students covering Kings Park Events
First Electric Piano in Kings Park
Author: -
November 5, 2015
This Piano was donted to the Kings Park Heritage Museum instead of the Smithsonian.
Craig Biggio Inducted Into Baseball Hall of Fame
Author: -
September 24, 2015
Kings Park Alumnus Inducted into Major League Baseball Hall of Fame
Obadiah Smith House
Author: -
July 16, 2011
A hidden historical landmark on St. Johnland Road.
A Kings Park Welcome
Author: -
March 21, 2004
The Kings Park Heritage Museum and The Kings Park Chamber of Commerce adopt the Coast Guard Station in neighboring Northport.
How They Worked With Their Hands
Author: -
January 19, 2003
Kings Park Farm and Asylum (photo), like may mentally ill hospitals on LI, used Occupational Therapy to treating their patients.
Kings Park Takes A Look At Its Roots
Author: -
May 9, 1999
The birth of a museum in a town known as Long Island's North Shore Best Kept Secret.
Kings Park To Preserve Its Heritage
Author: -
January 28, 1996
Kings Park has opened its doors to the Kings Park Heritage Museum
St. Johnland By W.A.M.
Author: -
December 1, 1864
Muhlenberg's written vision of St. Johnland, 1864